Wi-Fi and entertainment
Free patient Wi-Fi is available at King's College Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital and Orpington Hospital. Patients and visitors can access the internet free of charge 24 hours a day.
To access the Wi-Fi, select the ‘NHS Wi-Fi’ network from your mobile, tablet or laptop. Accept the Terms and Conditions, and click 'connect'. Patients and visitors accessing the Wi-Fi can use the service to find out information about the hospital, as well as use the internet more widely.
For further information, contact the Wi-Fi Helpdesk on 0344 848 9555.
TV and entertainment
We are proud to offer access to TV, magazines, games and more to all patients, visitors and staff, provided by King’s College Hospital Charity in partnership with WiFi SPARK.
Our entertainment platform is available at King's College Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital and Orpington Hospital.
After logging on to our guest Wi-Fi from any internet enabled device you will have access to*:
- live TV on BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel Five
- a variety of children’s channels in the children’s ward, including CBeebies and CBBC (some applications may require subscription)
- a range of radio stations including links to a variety of international stations
- a selection of digitised magazines from the last month including BBC Top Gear, Cosmopolitan, OK!, Beano, National Geographic and many more
- information about our hospitals, King’s College Hospital Charity, and our events and donation page to stay up-to-date with our hospital activities
As well as this, you can continue to browse as normal using our hospital Wi-Fi. Please remember to bring a pair of earphones or headphones, a charger and your internet-enabled device to ensure you can fully enjoy the entertainment on offer.
Inpatients without a device can borrow tablets on our wards.*Please note: catch-up TV/on demand services including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, Disney+, Spotify and others will be accessible via the new system but only to those with pre-existing personal subscriptions.
Accessing the entertainment
- Log on to our hospital Wi-Fi by going to the Wi-Fi settings on your device and selecting ‘NHS Wi-Fi’.
- Once you are connected to the Wi-Fi, go into your browsing app, and visit ‘www.wifilounge.co.uk’.
This will take you to the entertainment hub where you will be able to access the selection of SPARK® Media entertainment options.
If you need help with accessing the system, there is a service desk available 24 hours a day, every day. To contact the service desk, call WiFi SPARK on 0344 848 9555 or email email@example.com.