Allergy and immunology
What we do
We investigate, diagnose and treat adults with a wide range of conditions, from hay fever, rhinitis, urticaria and drug and food allergies through to anaphylaxis and complex allergic diseases and immunodeficiency problems.
Outpatient appointment locations
Appointments will take place in one of the following locations:
- Tuesday afternoon: Suite 7, first floor, Golden Jubilee Wing
- All other times: Suite 3, first floor, Golden Jubilee Wing.
For further information please contact the Main Reception.
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 1555
- Allergy and Immunology Registrars: +44 (0)20 3299 1555
- Allergy and Immunology Specialist Nurse appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 1555
- Change / cancel outpatient appointment: +44 (0)20 3299 1919
- Immunology Fellow: (KCH) KH5959
- Immunology lab results: +44 (0)20 3299 8752
- Immunology Registrar: (KCH) KH2393
- Immunology Registrar: (KCH) KH0211
- Outpatient queries and clinical secretary: +44 (0)20 3299 1555
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
We investigate, diagnose and treat:
- severe hay fever resistant to drug therapy using desensitisation (immunotherapy)
- suspected immunodeficiency – persistent, severe or recurrent infections with unusual organisms
- primary immunodeficiency – hypogammaglobulaemias, hereditary angioedema etc
- hay fever – seasonal allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis
- perennial rhinitis – symptom: permanent cold
- food allergy
- drug allergy
- anaphylaxis, (for example, induced by wasp stings) – acute generalised allergic reactions
We also evaluate the immunological or allergic contribution to multisystem, polysymptomatic or non-specific illnesses.
Booking a patient at King's
GPs should refer via NHS e-referral (e-RS) wherever possible.
Other ways to refer
GPs should make urgent referrals via NHS e-Referral and state on the referral that it is urgent.
For emergency referrals, contact:
- Medical Secretary, tel 020 3299 1555
- PA to Dr Ibrahim, tel 020 3299 1556
Immunology Laboratory test results, tel: 020 3299 8752
Key Clinical Staff
|Dr Zoe Adhya||Consultant Allergy and Immunology|
|Mr Raphael Glass||Senior Assistant Technical Officer|
|Ms Theo Grosse-Kreul||Senior Specialist Nurse for Clinical Immunology & Allergy|
|Dr Mohammad Ibrahim||Consultant & Clinical Lead|