What we do
We provide a full range of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic radiology investigations. Depending on the type of examination you are having, you may need to prepare beforehand for your procedure. Your letter will give you the information you need which is specific to the test you are having. Please make sure you read the information in your letter carefully before you come to hospital.
Our main services, which are all based at King's College Hospital, are:
- X-ray – uses x-rays to produce images of the skeleton, chest and abdomen.
- Ultrasound – uses high frequency sound waves to produce images of organs such as the liver and kidneys, as well as muscles.
- Computerised Tomography (CT) scan – uses x-rays to produce detailed cross-sectional images of the body and head.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan – uses a combination of strong magnetic and radiowaves to produce detailed pictures of the body and head.
- Interventional radiology – uses x-ray images and contrast media to diagnose or treat diseases using the least invasive techniques.
- Fluoroscopy – uses x-ray and contrast media to provide ‘live’ images, most commonly of the gastrointestinal organs.
Breast mammography is provided by our Breast Screening service.
Opening times and locations
- Ground floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, Monday to Friday, 8am to 7.45pm.
X-ray walk-in service
- Ground floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.45pm.
Fluoroscopy Barium/screening appointments
- First floor, Denmark Wing, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
General ultrasound appointments
- Second floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
General ultrasound walk-in service (only for adult patient testicular ultrasound)
- Second floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 9.45am.
Preparing for your appointment
You do not need to make any special preparations for most examinations. Your appointment letter will give you details, where necessary.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please contact us on the relevant number below.
Second floor, Denmark Wing, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3111
- Access to Imaging Administrator: +44 (0)20 3299 1117
- CT Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3361
- CT Reception: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluoroscopy Screening: +44 (0)20 3299 5213
- Fluoroscopy Screening: email@example.com
- General x-ray: +44 (0)20 3299 1525
- General x-ray: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MRI Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 1797
- Ultrasound: +44 (0)20 3299 3059
- Ultrasound: email@example.com
Patient Information Leaflets
- Computed Tomography (CT) Colonography
- Computed tomography (CT) (adult patients)
- Fluoroscopy (adult patients)
- General radiology (adult patients)
- Computed Tomography (CT) Colonography - extended bowel preparation
- Caring for a patient during an X-ray examination
- Computed tomography (CT) (child patients)
- Fluoroscopy (child patients)
- General radiology (child patients)
Conditions we treat
Our imaging service offers a full range of investigations including:
- ultrasound (excluding obstetrics)
- CT Scanning
- MRI Scanning
- interventional radiology
Other imaging departments
Interventional cardiology: provides specialist cardiac imaging and treatment. Located in Hambleden Wing, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill.
Neuroradiology: provides specialist brain and spinal imaging and treatment. Located in Ruskin Wing, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill.
Breast radiology: provides breast imaging services for the South East London Breast Screening Programme and for King's College Hospital clinicians.
Dental radiology: provides specialist dental imaging. Located in the Dental Institute, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill.
Booking a patient at King's
For x-ray referrals, please call 020 3299 1525 or email kch-tr.XR_Reception_DH@nhs.net. You can either email the form to us directly or ask the patient to bring the request form with them. Please do not follow both steps per referral to avoid duplication.
For ultrasound referrals, please call 020 3299 3059 or email kch-tr.US_Reception_DH@nhs.net. Send the request form to the ultrasound department so we can ensure the patient is correctly prepared.
For fluoroscopy referrals, please call 020 3299 3331 or email kch-tr.FL_Reception_DH@nhs.net. Send the request form to the fluoroscopy department so we can ensure the patient is correctly prepared.
For specialist imaging investigations that require some specialist x-ray exams, CT, MRI or interventional imaging please refer to the relevant hospital speciality. The hospital clinicians will determine what investigations are necessary.
Hospital-to-hospital referrals can be made by letter. Please include full patient information and clinical details, the examination and treatment required.
GP Direct Access
We provide direct access GPs to refer patients for most x-ray and ultrasound imaging investigations. Some specialist examinations will still need to be referred via the specialist hospital clinicians.
For suspected cancer, refer via the two week wait pathway.
All GP requests for fracture and chest pain x-rays will be reported immediately.
For advice and guidance please contact the relevant department using the routine referral email address or telephone number. Our administrative team will direct your query to the appropriate lead staff.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Abdulwarith Abdul||Senior MRI Radiographer|
|Dr John Adu||Consultant Paediatric Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist|
|Dr Riad Alchanan||Consultant Interventional Radiology|
|Dr Pamela Allen||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Thoraya Ammar||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Ajay Arora||Cosultant Radiologist|
|Dr Frederick Barber||Locum Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Frederick Barber||Locum Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Bhavna Batohi||Consultant Radiologist|
|Mr Dan Beazley||Cardiac Lead Superintendent - Cardiac Catheter Suite|
|Dr Basrull Bhaludin||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dennis Bielecki||Senior MSK Specialist Radiologist|
|Ms Eleri Brown||Lead CT Trauma Radiographer|
|Dr Lucia Chen||Cardiothoracic Radiologist|
|Mrs Jane Clarke||Clinical specialist manager general Ultrasound Dept.|
|Dr gabi Constantinescu||Consultant MSK Radiologist|
|Mr Greg Cruickshank||Superintendent Radiographer Cardiac|
|Mrs Marcela De La Hoz Polo||MSK Radiology Consultant|
|Dr Cristina Dudau||Consultant Neuroradiologist|
|Dr David Elias||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dr. Sangeeta Gandhi Gandhi||Dr|
|Dr Dr. Sangeeta Gandhi Gandhi||Dr|
|Mr Giorgio Garzillo||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|
|Dr Jane Goligher||CONSULTANT RADIOLOGIST|
|Ms Sarah Gower||Lead Superintendent Radiographer - X-Ray Imaging|
|Mr Stephen Gregory||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Saira Haque||Consultant Paediatric Radiologist|
|Dr Dean Huang||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Sachin Kamat||Consultant radionuclide and general radiologist|
|Dr Nabil Kibriya||Consultant Radiologist (HPB)|
|Dr Sumantra Kumar||consultant|
|Dr Sumantra Kumar||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Maria Lafarga||Locum Consultant Radiologist|
|Miss Heather Lee||consultant|
|Dr Rebecca Leung||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dylan Lewis||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Shahram Maghsoudi||Consultant Breast Radiologist|
|Dr Lisa Meacock||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Anna Metafa||consultant|
|Dr Michael Michell||Consultant Radiologist, Breast Radiology and South East London Breast Screening Service & National Training Centre|
|Dr Gemma Miles||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Fiona Miller||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Juliet Morel||Consultant|
|Mr Peter Morris||Radiographer|
|Dr Nicola Mulholland||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Subhachandra Navaratne||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|
|Miss Margarita Nesbitt||Ultrasound Clinical Specialist|
|Mr Oluwakemi Olushola||MRI Radiographer|
|Dr Nikhil Kaushik Patel||Consultant Radiologist|
|Mr Clare Peacock||consultant radiologist|
|Dr Praveen Peddu||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dan Quinlan||Senior Clinical Fellow|
|Dr Rumana Rahim||doctor|
|Dr Hasti Robbie||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dr Ryan Ryan||consultant radiologist|
|Dr Maria Sellars||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Ali Sever||Consultant Radiologist|
|Mr Behnam Shaygi||IR|
|Mr Harry Smyth||Acting Lead CT Superintendent Radiographer|
|Dr Priyan Tantrige||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|
|Dr Sa Tran||Consultant Radiologist|
|Mr Aris Vasilogiannakis||Honorary Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Gill Vivian||Consultant radiologist|
|Mr Paul Walker||Cardiac Superintendent Radiographer|
|Mr Simon Walsh||Dr|
|Dr Rema Wasan||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Stephen Wastling||MRI Physicist|
|Dr Shalini Wijesuriya||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr C. Jason Wilkins||Consultant radiologist|
|Dr Tim Yusuf||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|