South East London Cancer Alliance
King’s is part of South East London Cancer Alliance (SELCA), one of 21 Cancer Alliances in England.
SELCA works in a collaborative model to deliver high-quality cancer services across community, primary and secondary care in south east London. SELCA’s aim is to ensure that patients receive timely diagnosis, high-quality treatment, excellent experience, and improved clinical and quality of life outcomes.
Cancer Alliances bring together a range of local organisations – including NHS bodies, local government, charities and patient groups – with shared goals of:
- fewer people getting cancer
- more people surviving cancer
- more people having a positive experience in their treatment and care
- ensuring everyone receives the same high-quality services, no matter who they are or where they live
- more people being supported to live as well as possible after their treatment is over
Underlying all these objectives are the principles of improving patient experience and reducing health inequalities.